Exhaustion. Chronic Stress. PMS. Anxiety. Fatigue. Low libido. Irritability. Migraine. Acne. Insomnia… Just some of the signs that may suggest you are suffering with hormone imbalances.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or are simply feeling out of sorts then you may benefit from taking a DUTCH Complete Hormone Test. This advanced hormone test offers an extensive profile of sex and adrenal hormones and melatonin, along with their metabolites, to identify symptoms of hormonal imbalances.
Meyer Clinic Medical Director Dr Annelize Meyer says:
I have been using the DUTCH Complete test for my patients since it was first developed, back in 2016. It is instrumental to identifying any hormone imbalances that my patients – both men and women – may be experiencing which allows me to create a tailored treatment plan for them. DUTCH testing provides my patients with the answers they need to know about what is happening in their bodies, while providing me with the data I need to make sound and thorough clinical decision. It really is the gold-standard in testing, the most accurate test providing a complete assessment of hormonal health, which is why I offer it to my patients here at Meyer Clinic.
What does the DUTCH Complete Hormone test measure?
The DUTCH Complete Hormone Test takes a comprehensive look at the sex and adrenal hormones. It tests for the following:
- DHEA and DHEA-S
The DUTCH Complete Hormone Test also measures a persons’ cortisol and cortisone rhythms and levels, and their estrogen metabolism pathways.
Why measure these hormones?
Dr Annelize Meyer says:
Although I can get an idea of where a patient’s problem lies by assessing history and symptoms specific to hormone health, measuring this comprehensive range of hormones gives me more information about exactly what’s going on with each of my patients. It helps to give an in-depth analysis of specific hormones, ensures an accurate diagnosis and allows me to prescribe the right treatment and medication to achieve hormone balance. This can help patients to feel more energised, and improve their sleep and mood which in turn can improve health and minimise the risk of developing certain types of disease such as strokes and heart disease.
What can measuring hormones highlight?
Here are just a few examples of what testing can show a GP:
- Testing your adrenal hormones and their rhythms gives specific information about how to handle problems such as adrenal fatigue, sleep and stress issues.
- Low DHEA, the “feel-good” hormone produced by your adrenal glands, can cause fatigue, a decrease in muscle mass or bone density, depression, aching joints, loss of libido, and lowered immunity.
- Androgens can cause cystic acne, hair loss, weight gain, low libido and facial hair.
- Testing Melotonin levels can help improve sleep problems. It is important to know how much and when you make this hormone for better sleep at night and to feel awake instead of groggy in the morning.
- Estrogen Dominance. This is when the scales are tipped so that progesterone is low and estrogen is high. Estrogen dominance can be a factor in endometriosis, PMS, painful periods, fibrous breasts, fibroids, tender breasts, moodiness, and more. It can make peri-menopause symptoms significantly worse.
If you have any health concerns you may benefit from completing a DUTCH Complete Hormone Test. Book in for a consultation with our Clinical Director Dr Annelize Meyer. This will give you the opportunity to have dedicated time with a specialist health professional to discuss any health issues you may have and to work in partnership to create a plan towards optimal health and wellbeing.